Pineapple Punch to combat the Flu Season
Dearest Juice Lovers,
Greetings from Denmark friends! I have noticed during the winter that my friends and family constantly are sick with a cold- I use to be one of them, until I started juicing. First of all, why do we get more cold during the winter anyways? When our bodies are exposed to cold weather our internal temperatures drop and in turn lower our immune system defences. Juicing frequently can boost your immune system defences and beat off any cold that comes in your way. Give this recipe a try!
Recipe for 2 servings:
4 kales leaves
1-2 inches of ginger
Curious about all the ingredients? Lets break it down:
- Cucumbers are made up of 95% of water which helps to hydrate the body and fight inflammation.
- Full of antioxidants, Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Vitamin C, Vitamin K (good for kidney health and helps build strong bones!)
- Helps digestion because cucumbers are packed with fiber and it contains potassium, which helps lower blood pressure.
There are so many health benefits of kale, here’s a few!
- Lutein, iron, riboflavin, potassium and magnesium
- Kale is rich in iron, vitamin K and antioxidants. It is packed with fiber so it helps with detoxing your body and jump starts your digestive system.
- Kale also gives you energy, especially from the kick from its vitamin B-complex.
- Vitamin A and K in the veggie, help support red blood cells.
- Additionally, the Calcium helps teeth and bones grow strong.
- Full of Potassium, which is an electrolyte that lowers blood pressure and regulates the heart beat.
- Vitamin B in pineapple is great for mental health and helps regulate your mood.
- Vitamin C gives your immune system a boost!
- Bromelain is an digestive enzyme and helps digestion by breaking down proteins in the body. It is also an anti inflammatory.
- Lemons are great for energy, digestion and helps balance your body’s natural pH
- This beautiful fruit is fantastic for weight loss
- Packed with vitamin C and is the best defence for the flu and cold season
- Detoxes your body and helps clear your skin
- Ginger is an anti-inflammatory and protects the body from infections
- Helps with nausea, upset stomach and vomiting
- Ginger raises your body immunity because it contains compounds (antimicrobial) which kill bacteria immediately!
First juice the kale, cucumber and half of the pineapple.
Next put in the ginger, lemon and rest of the pineapple.
Mix it the juice up and enjoy!
Courtesy of our friends at www.juicepulse.com or you may follow @juicepulse